Monday, September 27, 2010

Journey to Vision ... Introduction (Pt. 1/5)

The past 2 weeks at Westside Hamilton we’ve talked about Jesus, what He did for us, how that changes us, and how that defines what church is. Today I want to talk about Westside Hamilton itself, our church. I want to share with you how we got to where we are, what we went through these past 4 years, and the things that God has convicted us of, the things that this community stands for.

And I guess most people would call what I’m sharing today the vision of Westside Hamilton. But I just want to make it really really clear that we didn’t make this stuff up. We didn’t just sit down together and come up with a vision for this community. Actually, I wished we did that. But we had some pretty hard knocks and the stuff I’m sharing isn’t just theory. It’s is real to us.

Now I can’t go through the all the topics in detail today. Hopefully we’ll get a chance to get into some of these topics more as we sit and chat with you or other chances up here on stage. But I’m hoping that what I share today will give you some idea why this community is the way it is.

No comments: