Saturday, February 4, 2012

My psalm

Paul encouraged us to write our own psalm during the praise time today, here's mine.

I don't really have the words to say
The songs to sing
The things to bring
That'll ever express have much you've done for me
How you wouldn't let me be
Even when I didn't praise you
Even when I didn't want you

Yet now I stand before you
Clean
Risen
Chosen
My failures ever before you
Yet ever joyful
Ever thankful
Ever remembering that my life is not a surprise to you
My shortcomings are not a surprise you
My trespasses are not a surprise to you

That you've paid for them on the cross
That you've dealt with then at great cost
That all you want from me
Is to pick myself up off the floor
And keep living for you
Pursuing you
Praising you
Loving you

All that I will eagerly do
For your spirit has transformed me
To want your presence
To want your heart
To want your will

Unashamed I will ever lift my voice
Out of the depths of my heart I will praise your name

No comments: