Friday, November 14, 2014

Make the Best of (1/5): Intro

A question that God was chatting with me on my honeymoon was that, by His grace, my race has lasted well past undergrad. I’m 31 this year. So looking back, what would have prepared me better spiritually in my transition to being a kingdom-pursuing working adult?

If I could do undergrad all over again what would I have done differently? What would I have paid more or less attention to or done more or less of?

When I came back to CCF 2 years ago someone asked me once what was the biggest difference between the CCF of my era and now. There are, of course, a lot of differences throughout the years. When I first got here we were 25 people meeting in the TSH 7th floor women’s studies lounge. We also had a few years where we were trying different pho's. Let's just put that discussion to bed. I have been to every pho that has opened or was open in Hamilton in the last 12 years, BnT is the best.

Fun aside, the most glaring difference to me is that you guys are under so much more pressure to perform and to succeed than we ever felt. So many of you are in a rush to have everything figured out. There is this whole life plan, this whole way of life, that you or maybe even someone else has laid out for you.

Which brings me to the first thing I want to encourage you to do,

No comments: