Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Introduction

At the 05-06 CCF retreat I ended up sharing an analogy between mathematical infinite-ness and our perception of divine intervention, titled "The Infinities", during candlelight time. People really seemed to like it but I wasn't planning on sharing one during the 06-07 retreat as I really didn't learn anything particular awesome in class that term and I actually didn't want to sound like a nerd EVERY year at retreat (Yes, Angela ended up just calling me a nerd straight up "This is SOOOO nerdy!!" :P ).

However, as I witnessed our dear sister Maxine giving her life to Christ, I realized that on this weekend God was out to smash all the impossibilities that I had attributed to CCF over the years. This reminded of another interesting tidbit I remembered from stats class on the fallacy of mathematical impossibility. Hence the 06-07 piece, "The Impossible Choice".

Seems like I'm going to end up giving one of these at every retreat (really I only have one more to attend as I have one more year here). At least now I have more incentive to pay attention in class lol.

No comments: