Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Someone explain this to me....

If a leader is clearly not performing to his/her abilities, or clearly doing their tasks below par, why shouldn't that observation be voiced? I’ve seen time and time again where certain ministries have slip to the point where the membership is grumbling, and yet the committee somehow feels the need to put up this facade that all things are well!

I know I’m a hypocrite for saying this, as I’m one of the loudest background grumblers at CCF, but why should things slip so far that we as the members have to do something? There are six to seven leaders, shouldn't they keep each other in check? I find it hilarious how the leaders even pretend that all is well to each other! As if that makes everyone feel better and things will just move happily on forwards (to oblivion probably).

Why shouldn't leaders have to explain, to each other and probably the membership as well, why “we only had 15 minutes to practice this particular worship set” or “this single gender small group thing isn't working for the guys and but we're sticking with it anyways” or "he/she wrote all the bible studies themselves even though I'm a DL too"?! Did the leaders really think that we weren't going to notice that those ministries are going down the toilet? Or maybe they thought that “hey I'm leading for a year so whatever doesn't work I'll just leave it for next year to do better”.

Either way I think the committee needs more transparency in their decision making, and members must take advantage of this transparency to see why things go as they do at CCF.

No comments: